Monday, October 20, 2008

From Truman Capote to Cargo Bar – Greenwich Village to Tuscany…(and everything in-between)

Hi everyone!

Let me start by saying I am honored to have been selected from a competitive field as the Iconic Fashion Blog’s chief travel and lifestyle correspondent. As Iconic’s newest blogger I thought you’d like to know a little about me.

Name: Sinclaire Rose

Previous Travel Destinations:

Beijing (Ch), Shanghai (Ch), Cape Town (SA), Johannesburg (SA), Maui (USA), Oahu (USA), New York (USA), Vegas (USA), Washington (USA), Los Angeles (USA), Singapore (SIN), Hong Kong (Ch), Bintan Island (IND), Brisbane (AUS), Sydney (AUS), Melbourne (AUS), Launceston (AUS).

I have been blessed with amazing travel experiences. The opportunity to work with Iconic and share my past experiences and future endeavors is very exciting. I am yet to travel to Europe, however, my research and knowledge about the continent is endless. I probably know more than most residents. I am in the process of forming a time frame for my next overseas travel expedition. So, for the next month or so I will be reporting on local lifestyle – restaurants, markets, nightlife etc.

My three words: Culture-Vulture, Idealist and International.

My advice is just to allow yourself to be sidetracked and get lost. Some can speed from New York to Los Angeles without registering a thing. I can walk around a midtown Manhattan block and come back with a loaf of bread and stories to tell.

So where is the first place on my long list of must-do experiences?

Right now I’m in the mood for a little French Gem by the sea. Vieux Nice on the Cote d’Azur is around 100km/500m from Paris. (I.e. the French Riviera). This little town by the sea has luxurious villas and châteaux’s with balconies facing the bay of Angels, overlooking the fabled Promenade des Anglais. A twilight stroll along the promenade reminds you why the Cote d’Azur is definitely ‘the coast with the most’!

Talk Soon.

xo Sinclaire.

No comments: